Next.js has the best-in-class “Developer Experience” and many built-in features; a sample of them are:
- An intuitive page-based routing system (with support for dynamic routes)
- Pre-rendering, both static generation (SSG) and server-side rendering (SSR) are supported on a per-page basis
- Automatic code splitting for faster page loads
- Client-side routing with optimized prefetching
- Built-in CSS and Sass support, and support for any CSS-in-JS library
- Development environment with Fast Refresh support
- API routes to build API endpoints with Serverless Functions
- Fully extendable
- Next.js is used in tens of thousands of production-facing websites and web applications, including many of the world’s largest brands.
Video producer: https://www.freecodecamp.org/
⚠️ There is a minor error in course- At 5:15, to get to that Next.js starting point, please do the following:
1. Run the command: `npx create-next-app next-recipe-app`, let that build
2. Go into the folder: `cd next-recipe-app`
3. Open in your code editor of choice!